INSANITY Plyometric Cardio Circuit Review – Day 2
Hi all of you AMAZING people! Today was the first official workout with INSANITY (INSANITY Plyometric Cardio Circuit) after doing the fit test yesterday. I think the two appropriate questions to ask are:
Did I make it and not die? and
Was this workout as intense as everyone makes it seem?
Read on to check out my entire INSANITY Plyometric Cardio Circuit Review!
I have done P90X, P90X+, and P90X2, and this first day of INSANITY literally kicked my butt! If you don’t feel yourself losing weight and getting ripped while doing these moves, you must be watching this while sitting on your couch! Seriously, this is the REAL DEAL. Have you tried INSANITY or are considering it? Comment below this post and let me know, I’m interested to hear your thoughts on the program!!
The Warm-Up – INSANITY Plyometric Cardio Circuit Review
So this Warm-Up felt like I did an hour of intense workout. Or a 6 mile bike ride. Or a 2 mile run. Yes…the WARM UP.
Shaun T doesn’t start off easy. You immediately start jogging, doing “Mummy Kicks”, and sweating like a pig. My heart rate averaged 152 beats-per-minute, and maxed at 163 BPM during the Warm-Up. If you just do the Warm-Up with INSANITY Plyometric Cardio Circuit, you’ll do just fine. But then you’ll realize, WOW – I still have the “WORKOUT” to do yet. Dang.
(PSST: Don’t be INSANE – Be sure to also check out my INSANITY Cardio Power & Resistance review including my Video too!)
The Workout – INSANITY Plyometric Cardio Circuit Review
There is no warning in between the warm-up and the first move! Shaun T immediately goes into the suicide drills with no explanation or count down. What I really like about INSANITY Plyometric Cardio Circuit is that it repeats the moves in the circuit-format with added intensity for each round. When you do the workout, you’ll notice that the time bar at the bottom of the screen gets more intense as the blue area fills up.
Check it out for yourself. On the mountain climber move in the image to the right, you’ll see the bar I’m talking about on the right hand side. The round that is currently active has moderate intensity. But look to the far right of the time bar…upcoming is the full-out intense circuit! This is where you need to, as Shaun T mentions, Dig Deeper and give it your all!
I liked the time bar since I was able to maximize my efforts and know when the periods of rest were coming up, and when I needed to get in the mental mindset to get ready to dig deeper!
The first round of INSANITY Plyometric Cardio Circuit included: Suicide Drills, Power Squats, Mountain Climbers, and Ski Down. These were all difficult, but it wasn’t nearly as difficult as the second round! Here is a review of all first round moves:
- Suicide Drills – Moving side to side and touching the ground each time! You know with a name like “Suicide” it has to be fun! You really have a great opportunity to work the abs in this move as you go down and contract the lower ab muscles.
- Power Squats – This move is hard for me, primarily because my legs need a lot of work. Your quads will be screaming in this move. Imagine doing a jumping jack, only going down into a squat instead of up in the air!
- Mountain Climbers – I really liked this move! It’s like rock climbing, only you are standing up and extending your arms and climbing in the air (like the picture above). Another great move for your entire body including abs!
- Ski Down – Picture yourself literally skiing down a huge mountain. You do this while jumping back and forth. This move is awesome!!
Round 2 kicked my butt. I feel I was spending more time catching my breath than actually doing the moves! In between the two rounds, you do Switch Feet and Football Wide Sprints just for fun. Oh and the breaks? Only 30 second long….of course! Why not? It’s INSANE for a reason
- Basketball Drills – Fun sports drill where you are aiming for the 3-point shot. Get down, pick up the ball, and shoot it up! Again, and again, and again. Tired? Shut up and get the ball!
- Level 1 Drills – Go down, do 4 push-ups. Do 4 mountain climbers. Stand up and put your hand in the air. Go back down. repeat. WOW – this one hurts, but for those who think INSANITY won’t give you a chance to define your muscles. Do this move.
- Ski Drills – Ab work to the maximum. You stay in plank, and move your legs from side to side. Obliques and lower abs were screaming for me. Not only that, your shoulders and triceps get some good work on this move as well.
- In-and-Outs – Still in the plank move (you spend a lot of time on the floor in round 2). This time, instead of going side-to-side as you do in the Ski Drills, you are going in and out with your legs. A full ab workout. Love it!
That’s it right? Time for the cool-down, right Shaun T? Well, not without some martial arts moves, of course!
- Jabs – take on your boxing skills with some jabs!
- Cross Jacks – one arm up, both legs cross, and switch. This is a cool move once you get the hang of it.
- Uppercuts – Punch that guy under his chin! This is a good move for your biceps. Also, keep your core tight on all of these moves and it will pay off nicely. I’m sore from Insanity and its noticeable from just relaxing and typing up this blog post!!
- Attacks – in the same pose as the football drills. This time you are throwing open palms against your target.
My Overall Thoughts – INSANITY Plyometric Cardio Circuit Review
The INSANITY Plyometric Cardio Circuit gave me a great feeling about what is to come! I must say that I felt like I never worked out in my life, even though I’ve done P90X and P90X2 before! That tells you something. This program is the real deal. Be ready for it before you get it!
My maximum heart rate peaked at 174 BPM, with about 163 BPM average throughout the entire workout today. That is good and I can’t wait to see what kind of results I get from INSANITY.
Are you doing INSANITY? Get FREE Personalized Coaching from Me, and Join our Team so we can help Motivate each other for results. Click the button below now to get your Free Team Beachbody membership and get ready to MAXIMIZE your INSANITY Results:Click here to MAXIMIZE INSANITY Results with your Free Membership!
Until my next INSANE Review,