How to Start P90X
As a proud Coach I’ve seen people get excited about P90X and jump into it guns blazing! Then, they realize it is an EXTREME program focused only on results, and they end up failing or struggling with P90X. This is an extreme program that has a guarantee to get you the results you are after, and the program is only 90 days long.
But many people finish their 90 days (or their first 30 days) and get mad. Then, their P90X system becomes something that sits around and collects dust (and they collect fat!). Do NOT let this be you.
If you are someone who is focused on getting results to lose weight and/or get ripped and toned, I strongly suggest following my tips and tricks on How to Start P90X the right way. I want to see you succeed, and that is why I’m offering the tips that I followed step-by-step to burn the gut away and kiss my 70 pounds of fat GOODBYE!
How to Start P90X Right – And More Important: FINISH with Results!
It’s one way to learn How to Start P90X, but a complete other task to Finish P90X Right! I unfortunately have seen people (before they come to me for coaching of course :-)) start P90X with such great passion, and by week 5 or 6 they end up stopping or quitting for various reasons. So the next steps are my (as brief as possible) steps on how to Start AND Finish the P90X program like the SUPERSTAR that you are!!
Step 1 – Get the Basics in Order to Pave your Way to Success – How to Start P90X Right
This really starts with getting the basic needs in order. Instead of walking down an unpaved road, you want to make sure we pave that road so you can see where you’re going! The basics include the right equipment and the fit test.
- Understand what P90X Equipment you’ll need (See the post: P90X Equipment for help).
- Begin your P90X Fit Test so that you can measure your before results (See the post: P90X Fit Test)
Step 2 – Read the P90X Nutrition Guide and Treat it Like Your Fitness Bible
Nutrition can be a little tricky, so make sure you are prepared for success by reading the nutrition guide inside and out. Please do NOT disregard the nutrition, as it is about 80% of your ultimate results (yes, that is a BIG percentage, and a huge reason why I didn’t get the best results when I first started P90X in 2010).
- Read the P90X Nutrition Guide inside and out.
- Get a MyFitnessPal Account (it’s free) to track your progress each day. Add me (CoolRunLT) to see what I’m eating everyday – we can help keep each other accountable!!
- Get the right Supplements for P90X (some people won’t, but the ones who get the best results will).
Step 3 – Get a Free Team Beachbody Account and Let Me Help You!
I’ve been through P90X three times (so far). Let me help you achieve great results with the program. By getting your Free Team Beachbody Account, I can be there whenever you have a question! Not only that, I send out regular updates so that you have consistent motivation, tools, tricks, and tips delivered to your e-mail.
- Get your Free Team Beachbody Account Here
- Apply Step #2 Above by going into your Team Beachbody Account, and Clicking “Nutrition Tools” under “Eat Smart” tab. From there, click on the caloric needs to calculate how many calories per day you need following the handy program. You can take this information and apply it to your MyFitnessPal account.
- Send me a note and say HI, and let me know what your goals are. From there we will get you set-up and get to know each other. I love working with people and seeing their results and we move forward with the program.
Step 4 – Pick out the P90X Schedule You Will Do and get the Worksheets
- Determine what P90X Schedule works best for you. There are three different schedules you can follow, Classic (my preferred method), Lean, and Doubles (extreme). See P90X Schedule to get the best information on which schedule you should start out with.
- Download and Print the P90X Worksheets so you can keep track of your progress day in and day out. It’s fun to see how far you progress week after week.
Step 5 – Take your Before Pictures and Document Everything!!
- Documenting your journey is SO very important! I failed at this when I first started and regret every second of it. Please, if you haven’t done it yet, do it right NOW!
- Take your Measurements, including Waist, Chest, Arms, and Hips.
- Take your Before Photos. Front, Both Sides, Back, Flexing Muscles.
- See how to take the proper measurements by going to my post on How to Take Your P90X Measurements.
Step 6 – Determine your START Date and Take Massive Action
- Send me an E-mail and let me know when you are starting P90X.
- Take in the daily motivation to stick with the program. Check out my Motivation Category. Check out my YouTube Channel. And last but not least: Consistently watch the P90X success stories. These stories can keep you motivated to wanting to push play by seeing those who have achieved great results with P90X.
- Go over to the SharpeFIT Facebook Page and let us know by leaving a comment when you’re starting.
- After you complete each phase (30 days each) take your Measurements in Step 5 once again, including your Before and After photos!
Today is your day. NOW is your time. YOU are perfectly capable of achieving the goals you set for yourself. The secret formula is focus, consistency, and follow-through. Let me help you stick to your plan and achieve your goals as your FREE Online Team Beachbody Coach – Join our team for free right now.
Comment below, and let me know when you are starting P90X! Also, be sure to let me know your progress as well along with any questions you have.
Yours in True Success,